Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gyeonggi-Do

Even though I've only been here for a bit over a month, I've been lucky enough to make 2 short weekend trips out of Seoul.

Gyeonggi-Do: where Jieun and her family lives.

My father used to do business with a company in Korea. I joined him on one of his business trips to Seoul and met his business associate along with his family. This was about 8 years ago. While I was in Hong Kong before I moved to Seoul, the two daughters of this same business associate went there for vacation. I ended up spending a lot of time with these girls.

Now that I'm in Seoul, we've started hanging out again and they invited me to their home in Gyeonggi-do, just outside of seoul. This was the first time I've seen a Korean home and I was definitely not disappointed.  I was so excited!.

Their cat. He bites.

Sterilizer! Make sure everything is nice and germ free. 

You cannot see clearly in this picture but at the bottom of the sink (on the floor), there is a foot pedal to turn the faucet on and off. Don't have to dirty the faucet with sticky saucy hands!

And of course, a kimchi fridge. It is literally a fridge just FULL of kimchi. There must have been at least 6-7 different types of kimchi in there, all home made!

Boxes for garbage disposal outside. This box is actually bottomless. It is connected to underground pipes that take teh garbage directly to the plant.

I wish my apartment was like that! 

For information and pictures on my trip to Jinju, please look here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100373449571441.2698165.58016585&l=522cf393ec&type=1

No comments:

Post a Comment