Everyone loves food pictures so here are some more for you to drool over! I apologize if you have seen these before, I'm not sure what I have already posted.
We went to a restaurant called Dos Tacos. We had burritos, nachos, and quesadillas. A nice change from the Korean food we usually eat!
We went to a restaurant in Dongdaemun that Cat's boyfriend's friend recommended. It was AMAZING. 4 of us shared a giant pot of soup with two whole chickens, potatoes, green onions, etc. We then mixed our own sauce to our liking using vinegar, chili paste, soy sauce, and minced raw garlic. We added rice cakes, kimchi, chili paste, garlic, and other goodies into the soup. After we've had our fill of chicken, we even threw in some noodles to finish off our meal. One of our new favourite places!
We went to a random barbecue restaurant in Gangnam. John introduced us to a new cut of pork. It tastes a bit like Chinese barbecued pork (cha siu) but more tender and juicy. It was delicious (as always!). I love the way they design these grills. You cook it all and then separate it to the four corners, so each person could enjoy their portion slowly. The food doesn't get overcooked, stays warms, and each person gets their own portion.
At many restaurants you could order a side dish of steamed egg. By itself it's pretty bland, but with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, it's a pretty comforting way to end a meal.
John also introduced us to one of his favourite bakeries called Bakersfield. The aroma once you step into the bakery is absolutely mouthwatering. We ate a raisin scone and a cheesecake. The raisin scone was good and not amazing, but the cheesecake....I have no words. My mouth is too busy drooling.
Dessert at a random cafe we went to. How strange that they got sausages, bacon, eggs, and a salad:P.
Jeremy, Cat and I also went to a duck restaurant we've been meaning to try. This was ALSO delicious! The three of us split an entire duck. They stuff the duck with A LOT of garlic, dates, and rice. The entire duck is thrown into a broth and cooked for a long time. The rice is taken out of the duck, and cooked in the broth until it is thick and delicious. The meat of the duck falls right off the bone and is amazing mixed with the porridge.
My coteachers introduced Cafe Pera to me, and I took Jeremy and Cat there as well. They have the most delectable strawberry tart I have ever tasted.
The guys brought us to a beef barbecue a 5 minute walk away from my house. We can get a dinner portion of beef (a really delicious cut!) for about $6 CAD. I love Korea!!
This is the Korean version of sashimi. Thinly sliced raw flatfish, along with some garlic clams and deep fried squid.
Grilled lamb skewers. When it is finished cooking, you lay it over the frame on the top so keep it warm but not overdone! Really delicious !
Cheese Soondubu (a spicy tofu stew with cheese) and DukBaegi Bulgogi (beef, mushrooms and glass noodles cooked in a broth) is a great winter treat!
A big pot of pork bone soup shared by 4 people. Potatoes, pork, mushrooms, rice cakes, green onions, vegetables, and other goodies simmering in a delicious pot of soup.
Kraze Burger. One of my favourite burger joints here even though it's a franchised store. They have a delicious sauce. Tastes great with the bacon and mushrooms.
Grilled duck and potatoes. Need I say more?
Kimbap. A Korean version of a california roll. Jam-packed with meat, cheese, vegetables, egg, and pretty much anything. Only about $1.50. A great snack. My favourite is the tuna.
A beer tower. I've seen this before, but this one in particular is awesome because the middle is filled with a strip of ice to keep our beer cold!




No comments:
Post a Comment