Last weekend a group of us went to DobongSan for a hike. DobongSan is part of Bukhansan and is one of my must-sees on my list! It was the hardest hike I have ever done but it was incredibly fun. We stayed out pretty late the night before, I was surprised we all made it all the way up!
It was only a 50minute subway ride from where we lived and the entire area is like a camping town. Everyone was walking around in full hiking gear and the stores all sold only camping/hiking equipment and food. It didn't feel like Seoul at all. It took us about 2 hours to hike up and another 2 hours to come down. It was a full day hiking trip. It's incredible to me how difficult and dangerous it was, all without safety harnesses, training, or permits. This would have never been allowed in Canada! But if you played safe and know your limits, you'd be just fine. Most of the hike didn't have stairs or paths, we just climbed rocks. Sometimes it became so steep that we had to just pull ourselves up using a rope. I'm short so some parts were quite difficult because I couldn't reach high enough and had to rely on only my upper body strength. But every time I wanted to stop, I just had to look up to see the ajummas (old ladies) doing the same hike, and I'd get the motivation to keep going. IF they can do it so can I! I'm not capable of describing my experience in words, so check out the pictures! (Even the pictures don't really do it justice, but they'll have to do)
The view is spectacular as always.
And we ended the night with fried chicken. MmmmM!
One of my favourite days in Seoul thus far.










No comments:
Post a Comment