Friday, December 23, 2011

Semester 2 Recap

Even though there are a few weeks left of school, those 2-3 weeks will be between their 5 week winter holiday and 2 week spring holiday (aka: a complete waste of time). So I consider this the end of semester 2. Here are some snapshots. 

Homemade chocolates from my student. I couldnt figure out what CT was. Can you? Take a second to think. 

It's for Claudia Teacher. Teeheeeee=P

I gave a diagnostic test a few weeks ago to my kids. Got some funny answers. 



Decorating the school for sports day!

My first apple as a teacher.

For the unit "He has blue eyes", I verbally described monsters and the students drew it. Friends, meet Octopus Poo.
Then they each drew their own monster. Hiding their own monster, they described it to a partner who could not see the picture. The partner listened and drew the monster. Who has the most similar monsters?  Now I'm sure this pair cheated at least a little bit, but pretty darn good eh? 

On Halloween, my afterschool kids made monster masks. Then they came up to me and said TRICK OR TREAT! And I gave them candy. 



I returned to my office to find this one day. My students sneaked into my office. Wrote that on powerpoint and played the slideshow full screen for me to see when I returned. Translation: Please give my class (5-4) more points.



3 of my students have been on a mission to teach me Korean. They each bought a notebook for me. They write new korean words in it every week with English translations. Some of them are colour coded so I could tell how to break up the sentences. One student teaches me Korean by translating basic folk tales. One student focuses on grammar. They give me pop quizzes and mark my progress each week. How cute is that?

In my spare time, I have started cross-stitching. Please take the time to tell me I am awesome. 


Every morning, all the staff gets a bulletin to outline the activities for the day including staff meetings, student fieldtrips, news, lunch menu, etc. Needless to say, these bulletins are in Korean, so I have to google translate it every day. Most of the time, I get the gist of it. Some days it just makes me giggle. 

On this particular day, I have to prevent a power outage disaster by sleeping, not turning the lights off, or wearing underwear in a room that is under 20 degrees.

We don't wear shoes in our school. All the staff and students change into little booties or slippers. I got these fuzzy ones so I could be comfy cozy while I teach. 



Once in a while, I get a nice note on my whiteboard. 

I'm organizing a Harry Potter winter camp during their vacation time. It starts on January 2nd. I hope the kids like it. Will blog about it when it's over :) Pretty fancy construction paper cutting job eh? (Ms.Brabender, are you impressed?)

Wish I could show you more pictures of my adorable students. They are such a fun bunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment