Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas and New Year's Eve: Hong Kong Edition

This year, I spent Christmas and New Year's Eve in Hong Kong for the first time since my big move to Canada in grade 3. Needless to say, it was absolutely incredible. Korea is wonderful but as Christmas got nearer and nearer, Korea felt just a little bit lonelier away from family and friends.


Lucky for me, my wonderful friends Cat, John, and Stefan reserved a night to hang out with me to celebrate christmas before I left for Hong Kong. Here we are at a little jazz lounge. Hamburgers, drinks, jazz, and good friends. A perfect night. 



Then, it was off to Hong Kong I go! 

Nobody will make you feel more missed than your pups. They pounced all over me as soon as I stepped into the house. 3 seconds into the Hong Kong trip and it was already worth the 4 hour flight and $600 bucks. 


I didn't skip a beat and ate all my favourite local snacks. Honey green tea (top) and toasted bread with butter and condensed milk (bottom).  It's funny how much my emotions are connected to the food I eat. One bite and I was all smiles. 

Dad doesn't celebrate Christmas, so here's our Christmas lunch. Doesn't matter that I wasn't eating waffles, sausages, and eggs like I usually do. Doesn't matter that there was no snow and I was sitting outside on a patio in 20 degree weather. I was with my dad.





Some Christmas spirit in Hong Kong. 

SURPRISE! It's midnight and dad comes home with crabs for a snack.

Street food. Obviously.

Hot Pot!

Your eyes do not deceive you my friends in Korea and Canada, Claudia is on a BEACH in the middle of winter! YAhhooo!




Many of my friends from highschool and UWO were also in Hong Kong at the time. What a coincidence that friends from Hong Kong, Canada, L.A., and Australia were all there at the same time! I got to spend time with sooooo many familiar faces. It was a lot of love packed in one week. 



New Year's Eve at Red. All my friends that were in Hong Kong at the time ended up at the same bar coincidentally for NYE. 
Drinks. 
Music.
A loud countdown surrounded by people I love. 
 Fireworks above our heads. 
Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, and more hugs. 
My heart felt so happy it was about to float right out of me. 

See you later Hong Kong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment