Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween and other shinanigans

I have never really been a big Hallowiener. But this year, I met my new buddy Nick, and his birthday is right on October 31st. So yours truly dressed up and was off to part-ay Halloween style. Cat and I dressed as Harry Potter, cept she opted to be zombie-fied. First we went to an area called Gangnam for a small birthday dinner. Then we headed to a club in Hongdae (clubbing central in Seoul).  After Hongdae we stumbled about (my stumbling was mostly from exhaustion and not alcohol related) looking for food cuz we were starving. After a much needed kebab, we headed to the Ho (好)bar for cheap drinks and ended the night at a karaoke with free icecream!! Claudia Chan survived a night of partying until 5am. Applause please!

After we purchased our Harry Potter glasses we were so excited we wore them all the way home. 






GIANT dog at Hongdae. 



My body couldnt handle the partying. The cold came back with a vengeance. 


Still sick so I've been taking it easy recently. I've been a little bit of a hermit since I am sick and all everyone does is drink. But it was BEAUTIFUL out (25 degrees on November 5th *beams*) so a friend and I went to an area called Insadong to explore. We had no idea what was there, but I heard that tourists love it so why not?

 It turned out to be a cute little area with many small boutiques and booths selling handmade knick knacks, artwork and jewelry. But I liked it mostly because there were A LOT of little food booths selling snacks that I haven't seen elsewhere in Seoul. A nice stroll with a good friend and snacks on a beautiful warm autumn day. Reminded me a little bit of mainstreet unionville back home. 

Turkish icecream! Ooey, gooey, chewy, and delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment