Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pepero Day

Pepero (빼빼로) = hard pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate, sometimes with almonds or peanuts. A popular snack here in Korea, equivalent to the Japanese Pocky.

November 11 is a little different in Korea compared to Canada. While all of you were wearing poppies, I was binging on Pepero. November 11 is Pepero Day!!(Probably a day created by Lotte company to increase profits).  On Pepero day, you give Pepero to people you like/respect. So everybody jsut exchanges  Pepero.

Grocery store getting ready for Pepero day.

7-11 getting ready for pepero day.

As a teacher, of course, I got lots of Pepero from my students!


A portion of my Pepero stash. Some were home made and decorated by my students. 

I couldn't finish all of them. I gave most of them out to other students. 


It was my friend Joel's birthday on Pepero day so we went out that night. Joel handed out Pepero to all the ladies. The other guys got us a rose each, and the taxi driver gave Cat and me a candy. 

Such a fun day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment