Wednesday, February 22, 2012

S'more S'pore

The rest of Singapore was a blur of relaxation, fun, and friends.  Here are some highlights.

Went on the Singapore Flyer. The tallest ferris wheel in the world. It was a beautiful and clear night.



Ayam Pangang, we meet again. 
(Ayam = chicken, Pangang = grilled)
I am not capable of aptly describing the deliciousness of this dish in any language I know. 

I liked having coffee in Canada...until I started going to coffeeshops in Korea.
I liked having coffee in Korea...until I had coffee here in the park, by the water, with flower petals blowing around in the breeze in Singapore.

Gardens by the Bay East. A beautiful park with a beautiful view. 



Jumbo Seafood dinner. A huge seafood feast by the beach. I could eat steamed buns with chili crab all day long.



Eating at hawker centers (outdoor food courts). Food is SUPER cheap (approx $2 CAD per dish). You can get pretty much anything Chinese/Singaporean/Indonesian/Malaysian at these places. I can eat here all week and not get bored. Amazing stuff.


  

Singapore is a really interesting country. Its citizens are a mix of Chinese, Malay, and Indians who speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka, Hokkien, English, Tamil and Malay (and a strange mixed language they fondly call Singlish). Because of this there seems to be places of worship just about everywhere you look. The mosques, churches, synagogues, and buddhist and hindu temples are all elaborately decorated. It is so amazing to see these temples literally side by side. 


Amazing friends, great weather, delicious food, beautiful surroundings. I already can't wait to be back:)




No comments:

Post a Comment