I have had the past few days off for Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) and it has been wonderful! I will post about my birthday celebrations later on when I have gathered some pictures ( i didn't bring my camera), but here are some things to smile about!
In an area called Sinsa, there is a road lined with nice cafes and cute restaurants. They are relatively more expensive but very nice! It is especially nice on warm summer nights when you can sit outside.
This was honestly too pretty to eat. But it didn't fail me! The cheesecake hit the spot.
The coffeeshop I fell in love wtih.
Issac Toast (pronounced EE-SACK). This is a chain of small sandwich shops all over Seoul. This particular store is right next to my subway station. I am a frequent eater here. Note the round grill that the bread is on. Before he places the bread on the grill, an extremely LARGE block of butter is rubbed all over it. Are you drooling yet?
This here is our sandwich man. We call him Issac.
Freshly cooked egg. Bulgogi(beef) patty. Cheese. Coleslaw. Toast smothered with butter. All for the cheap price of $2.60!
Baseball. Over the Chuseok break, I went to my first Korean baseball game. I have no words to describe the joy I feel at Korean baseball games. Our team is the Doosan Bears. Long story short. Packed stadium. 12 dollar seats (2nd most expensive). Cheer sticks. Unique cheers and songs for EVERY player on the team. Synchronized cheer stick waving and singing everytime a player is on bat (at bat? batting? whatever. ) Crazy enthusiastic Korean man leading the cheers.
The pictures jsut won't do. Please take a minute to watch this youtube video. It isn't my team. But it is pretty much what I experienced. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVJQayVKANg
Chuseok.
The most POPULAR gift to give your loved ones during Chuseok? An enormous box full of Spam. I kid you not.
Cuteness overload!
Eau de Obama. Hehe.
Korean Barbecue. This is what REAL korean barbecue looks like.
This is what my wall looks like right now. I miss you all!
My neighbour put this up on his blog. I'm stealing his idea.
This is what I saw as soon as I stepped into the elevator at my building. I was terrified. What kind of sketch apartment do I live in? Then I took a closer look. This poor fella stole an umbrella from our apartment building on SEPTEMBER 12th, 2010 at 6:28pm. WANTED!!
A picture from the National Museum of Korea.
I have the cutest co-teacher ever.














No comments:
Post a Comment