I wanted to take a picture to show you all. But seeing the way people look at each other in the morning, id probably get punched in the face if i tried to take a picture.
So let me describe this to you to the best of my ability.
In the morning, I have to take the subway for TWO stops. Unless something absolutely terrible happens, it is likely that these 5-6 minutes will be worst part of my day.
Trains come pretty frequently, perhaps one every 3 minutes or so.
The train comes. You see faces plastered on the windows of the train, kind of like when kids make faces in cars. The door opens. And there is a WALL of people. They are so tightly packed together, that limbs spill out as the door opens. There is clearly ZERO space left in the train. Therefore, you walk straight towards them. When this is happening everyday, I always think that I am probably experiencing what Harry Potter feels like when he walks through platform 9 3/4. I brace myself for impact. Behind me people will charge towards my back. They will push and push and push until my muscles no longer have to do any work. The people behind me will move me for me anyway.
Somehow(and this HAS to be some sort of magic) I usually end up in the middle of the compartment. My purse strap is still hooked onto my shoulder, but the actual purse is usually stuck in between two people a few feet away. I am touching at LEAST 4 people, not just with my hands but probably with my face and every other part of my body. I am sniffing somebody's armpit. I am not holding onto anything but I dont fall because there's nowhere to go. I feel something on my butt. Oh god, is that somebody's hand? Leg? Bag? Butt? That was only one stop? I swear it has been an hour. Why is this guy's shirt damp? Wait I dont want to know. I am totally touching somebody's boob. I wonder if it would still smell this bad if i was 3 inches taller? Hm. Maybe time will pass by faster if i hum lionel richie in my head....
Then finally I will hear what I have been waiting for. "Sadang station". I brace myself and I charge out using my arms as a riot shield. Rude? Most definitely, but also necessary. I take a deep breath. Because I am so relieved to be out of thre, but also because I was probably holding my breath for the past eternity.
Freedom. Finally.
On to the bus...
No comments:
Post a Comment