This week was my first OFFICIAL week of work. I finally started teaching solo, and my coworkers were finally convinced that I could get to work by myself without getting lost. One more day of work until Chuseok (Korean thanksgiving, 3 days off woohoo!). It has been very exhausting, pretty challenging, and an absolute thrill teaching here in Korea. This post might be a little picture heavy, but pictures ARE worth a thousand words. Here are some snapshots from my first week of work!
This is my wing. Most of it is mine with the except of the one room at the end (Music room).
In Korean English classes, most students have already made up their own English name that they use throughout the years. It is typical practice to let students come up with their own names. Usually they are Gloria, Michael, Tommy, Ashley, etc. But sometimes, we get some interesting ones.
First, we have the ones that I don't know how to pronounce.
Then, we have celebrities.
And then the random objects.
It's going to be fun trying to call them these names.
On their name tag, I also asked them to draw pictures and write down what they like. I did this to get to know the students and I can use it as a diagnostic of sorts to see their English levels. I had a good time looking at their cute (and sometimes interesting) pictures and getting to know their personalities through these name tags.
This one is going to be a cheeky fella.
I think he likes eating more than me.
Gold and giant hamburgers. Why didn't I think of that?
K-pop singers. Of course.
Hehehehe. Am I immature?
By the 5th or 6th period, I'm usually pretty exhausted, but there's always something to keep me smiling.
Notes from my students.
"Korean snack buffet" delivered to my office by a group of grade 6s.
Look what I found on my whiteboard one morning!
A gift from a co-worker. Kimbab for breakfast!
Geez, if they got any sweeter i'd get a cavity.


















No comments:
Post a Comment