My buddy Alan from Singapore came to visit me this week. Since Alan is the 4th visitor here in the past 2 months, I have already posted pictures of most of the touristy places we have been to. Here are some new and notable places we visited this week!
My favourite this week: Noryangjin Fish Market.
This fish market is absolutely HUGE! It is definitely worth a visit. It isn't too hard to find -- exit Noryangjin station, and then follow your nose!
The fish market was like a museum for strange creatures of the deep.
These tentacles were like 5 ft long each. Seafood or Alien?
Definitely alien.
Then after a long stroll amongst these sea creatures, we chose a few things to eat. You buy the fresh seafood, carry them (alive) to a restaurant in the area, pay 2000 won per person, and they prepare it for you. It doesn't get any more fresh than this!
Raw Oysters
Live Octopus. It is still MOVING on the plate. It's hard to pluck off the plate because the suction cups are holding on for dear life. When you lift it up with your chopsticks, it's still wiggling. Then you put it in your mouth. Its suction cups cling onto to your tongue and cheeks while you gnaw them to death. MmmMmm.
The head with the two bulgy blue eyes were looking at me. It tried to run away. I ate it.
I honestly have no idea what these are. Good, but not as good as the octopus and oysters.
Attraction #2: BukChon Hanok Village (Traditional Korean Houses)
This area is full of beautiful traditional Korean houses. Nothing too exciting but definitely worth a visit. It's a beautiful area to wander and get lost in. Don't quote me on this but I think people stil live here!
Attraction #3: NamSan Tower (Seoul Tower) + NamSanGol Hanok Village
NamSanGol Hanok Village was different from BukChon because you could look inside the houses and try out some traditional Korean games.
This time, instead of takign the cable car (like I did with Kat and Rebecca), we decided to take a hike up NamSan. It was a beautiful crisp winter day. I don't think I could ever tire of the beauty of Seoul.





No comments:
Post a Comment