Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year!

It's New Years Day on the lunar calendar - Happy Chinese new year to all my Chinese friends and 설날 to my Korean friends (and anyone else who wishes to celebrate with us)!

My closer friends in Korea are all in Tokyo. I chose not to go because 1) I've been twice, 2) I don't want to spend 2000 bucks, and 3) I'm just so damn tired. I'm a little sad because I'm sure I'm missing out on too many stories, too many adventures, and too many jokes. But I stick by my decision!

My Korean friends are all in their hometowns spending time with their family.

So here I am. In an asian country for Lunar New Year for the first time, missing a non-Asian country (Canada) for Chinese New Year foods. Everything is closed. So what should I do?


I blast Hall and Oates' "You Make My Dreams Come True" and dance around my kitchen cooking non-Asian food. Obviously! :)




For the first time in Korea, a stocked fridge!




Grocery shopping in Korea can be very expensive. This small bag of potatoes cost me over $7 CAD, the small box of ground beef $8 and the block of butter $8. 



 A snack - pan fried potatoes. 



Shepherd's Pie

 


Lunch - grilled cheese and vegetable soup


Spaghetti and Coke. I think my fridge is too cold. When I poured my coke out, it turned into a slushie. Awesome! 대박!



Chicken soup, pasta sauce, shepherd's pie. Frozen meals ready for a busy day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment