Regardless, as soon as I saw the kids I was a happy camper.
My grade 6's graduated in February, and the rest of my students moved up a grade. This means that I already know all my grades 4-6 students, and that I now have 6 new classes of little grade 3s. For many of them who do not go to private English classes, this week was their first English class in their life. They are so small and cute. It'll be interesting trying to teach them this term because they don't understand English at all!
I also got 2 new co-teachers, my previous coteachers have become homeroom teachers (I teach their students too!). While my old coteachers were new teachers with only a couple more years of experience than me, my new coteachers are both very experienced. I am still in my adjustment period working with my new partners in the classroom, but I'm hoping to learn some things from them!
My students learned adjectives and used them to describe their friends. Then each student got a puzzle piece, wrote their name, chose 3 words they were described with, and decorated it. We are all different but together we are one big family! My students have to walk under that archway to get to my English zone and I love watching them smile as they find their own name and their friends.
I hope this semester will be as great as the last, if not even better! Wish me luck everyone:)
No comments:
Post a Comment