I'm officially a millionaire (in won)! Got my KRW exchanged.
August 17th is getting closer and closer! I'm getting so excited and nervous.
We received emails with further details regarding our initial orientation/training week. Along with time slots booked for Survival Korean, Korean movies, and the Korean Education System, we will also be trained on Lesson Planning, Classroom Management, Cooperative Learning, and Multimedia in the classroom. There is also a Practicum (yikes!). Sound familiar, Cresties? I'm glad to see that cooperative learning is in the training. A year of training from Barrie and constant repetition of Johnson's 5 has completely convinced me of the benefits of learning cooperatively. Besides, being able to practice teaching with some place mats, graffiti, mind maps, and TPSs would be good for me (and potentially my future career in York Region!). My education in Hong Kong (before I immigrated to Canada in grade 3) was solely independent memorization, the complete opposite of group work and critical thinking. And seeing that the structure of the Korean system is quite similar to that of HK's, I'm happy to see that this isn't the case in Seoul. But it's one thing to learn about it in orientation, I can't wait to see what it's actually like in the classroom!
I'm looking forward to settling into my school assignment and apartment. I'm not a big fan of disposable toothbrushes and travel sized shampoos.

No comments:
Post a Comment