Day 1. Arrived at the Incheon airport, excited for the year to come. Went through immigration, got my luggage, and went through customs without a hitch. Then, I stepped out into the arrival hall and it hit me. This is really it! I was so nervous, pushing my cart along, until somebody from behind hits my heelw ith her cart and breaks my sandal. I had to walk barefoot into the bus. This girl somehow became my roomate. She's really interesting and is from Ireland. We're having some great conversations. I got lucky!
Day 2. Medical Check up.
Long story short, I wasnt allowed to eat prior to the checkup and was starving and dehydrated when I got my blood tests done. She poked me once, no blood. Twice. no blood. Three times.
The next thing I knew I was lying down on a mattress and my shoe was missing. As my eyes slowly opened, I saw lots of doctors and nurses hovering around me and I was so disoriented I didn't know where I was. I had fainted.
I don't remember anything between the 3rd poke and the mattress. Eye witnesses say that I looked like I was zoned out for a bit, then i tried to get up, and then I just fell. 3 doctors had to drag me across the room. How embarrassing. At least 30 other teachers saw this happen. Way to start with a bang! Later on, I heard lots of "hey did you hear that somebody fainted?". Hey, that's me!
Oh and it took me 4-5 tries to get enough pee for the urine sample. What a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment