Thursday, August 4, 2011

Finally!

Turns out the korean consulate made yet another mistake and forgot to ask me for an additional document that they needed for my particular case. She called me today at 3:30pm and asked me to scan it and send it to her by 4pm. The card that I needed was in my mother's safety deposit box. So I dragged my mother out of the house and sped on the 407 to the bank. Then we sped back to my mother's friend's office (we have no scanner) to scan the document. And of course, the scanner was not working...their system just went down as I entered the office. It took another 5 minutes to fix (thank god!). By this time, my adrenaline was pumping and my heart was beating way faster than it should. Finally I sent in my document, and proceeded to call her to confirm that she got it. And here I quote " If you continue to call me I will not have time to do your visa. If you keep interrupting me I cannot check my email to look for your document."  Ay caramba.


After allowing myself to sit and breathe for ten minutes, we drove home. I went online. My visa was ready. Thank youuuuuuuuu! I will drive downtown tomorrow morning to pick up my visa, right before my flight at 3:30pm.

So here I am, packing my life away into 2 suitcases. And it's finally hitting me. My adventure is finally beginning! To everybody in my family, Millies, Markvillians, Westerners, SCBC-ers, Cresties, and other friends.  Thanks for everything! I will miss you!

Toodle loo for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment