Yesterday I had a wonderful time catching up wtih Jerry over steak and frites at lunch. It's too bad that between his work schedule and my short trip here, we only had one hour to chat. But it was great seeing him and his happy eyes nonetheless!
After lunch withJerry, I went straight to the annual Hong Kong food expo where distributors and food companies all come together to show case, sample, and sell their products. My father is one of the exhibitors so I'm there every year. This year 380,000 foodies and senior citizens came to this 5 day expo armed with trolleys and suitcases to stock up on their favourite brands at discounted prices. There is something for everyone from expensive dried seafood to candy.
Korean drinks from our booth.
A sneak peek from the inside. We were trying to clear out our stock and were selling drinks for 1 HKD each. It was so frightening to watch as people pummeled each other to get to the drinks. One of my father's employees had to jump over the table to save a baby who was being held by his mother while she tried to fight for cheap iced tea.
The selling got so intense that he climbed onto a table.
The Goldtop girls with bossman aka dad at the celebratory company dinner after the expo. The girls from Korea, England, Canada, and Indonesia reunited!
Driving home after a lonnng day.
Tomorrow is the big day. I'm scared!






No comments:
Post a Comment